An independent store under the GasSA Retail brand
GasSA Retail Durbanville is an independently owned and operated specialist Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) retail store under the GasSA Retail national brand. We provide products and services to residential and commercial customers in the northern suburbs of Cape Town and beyond.
We believe LPG as a source of energy and a viable alternative to electricity is essential to meet South Africa’s energy needs now and into the future. LPG is an exceptional energy source due to its origin, benefits and application. As a clean, lower carbon, efficient and innovative energy, it offers benefits to consumers, industry and the environment. Equally important, it is available for immediate access and use.
By partnering with key industry experts, we enable our customers to enjoy safe, cost effective, tailored LPG products and services. Driven by our eco-conscious approach, these include bespoke solutions, best practices and technologies.
Our reputation for safety, service, customer focus, and product knowledge, as well as dependable and friendly staff, has helped us grow into one of the market leaders in our industry.
We constantly look ahead, anticipating and responding to change with agility, which is essential for effective energy management into the future. As problem solvers, we like to explore new ideas and are driven to find the ideal solutions for our customers. We also like to challenge the status quo, think outside the box and learn from our experiences, so you can benefit from an LPG solution that suits your specific needs!
Our store is owner managed by Kemp Jonker, who has more than 30 years of engineering and business development skills. Kemp has a hands-on approach and a wealth of knowledge. Together with our friendly support staff, we seek to meet our customers’ needs every time.
Wow! Wonderful, helpful attitude and seriously fast service. I won’t be phoning around for prices in future. Thank you.
Christmas is near, no hot water! Kemp, you and your team rescued us! Thank you with a thumbs up!
Bianca Van Woerden
We used your company for the first time today and the service was excellent. Definitely will be using you guys again. Thank you again!
Gerdrick Frederick Bruyns
Quick, efficient and friendly.
Thank you for the professional service. It was a pleasure dealing with this branch – a real ‘can do’ attitude.
Kemp and his team were the only ones willing to repair our braai during the holiday season. They analyse and explain the problem professionally and respond quickly. Communication is easy via Whats App and we could even coordinate with them from overseas. I wish other services would be this professional and responsive!
Great customer service. Fast, friendly and efficient. Thanks!
I really want to say THANK YOU for the service I received from yourselves…… friendly, fast and efficient.
We need more businesses like this. 10 out of 10.
ADD A REVIEW
What is LPG?
Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) is a by-product of the crude oil and natural gas refining process made up of two liquefiable hydrocarbon gases – propane and butane.
LPG is kept under pressure as a liquid in specialised containers, pressure vessels and gas bottles / cylinders. LPG cylinders are made in compliance with SABS standard specifications. Cylinders come in various sizes such as 9kg, 14kg, 19kg and 48kg.
Why choose LPG?
- LPG is an affordable alternative to electricity.
- Using LPG helps reduce the negative environmental effects of producing electricity. For every kWh of electricity you do not use, you save 0.56kg of coal and 1.5 litres of water, and reduce harmful CO2 emissions of 1.03kg, according to Eskom. You can shrink your cooking carbon footprint by as much as 50% by switching from electricity to LPG for cooking.
- LPG is well suited for use indoors, as it is inherently clean and burns without smoke or residual particulate matter.
- LPG is highly controllable and efficient, with instant heat and immediate heat reduction for faster, more economical cooking.
- You’ll save electricity and lighten the load on South Africa’s over-stretched supply, especially during peak usage times.
- LPG is safe like electricity, when used correctly.
- LPG is versatile and can be used in a variety of applications, from cooking and heating to refrigeration and lighting.